Sunday, December 12, 2010

KOOL KILLER KIDZ

Its one of those bizarre moments when your karma faces you with a
mirror of guilt... its one of those thoughts which slithers into your being and
engulfs your sanity till you face it head on... its the edge of rational living ...
its the very tonic of lunacy.... its the colour of red in pearly white

It was 0246 hrs ... I must've been dozing for some time after a check on the
guards defending a weird historically bloodied line and the tranquility of a
zillion lives...it was the December chill and the smell of the embers making
their way from the forest fire in the no mans land which must've killed my
slumber.... or it must've been the dino rat brutally renting my bunker for its
nocturnal feasts, rummaging my belongings... it still may have been gore and
death of the nightmare which shook me outta my sleeping bag.

Its 0312 hrs now... I have been holding my head between my cold hands and
staring at the flames from the keroheater... sleep just wasn't the option... it
felt like I was back from the twilight zone... it sure did shake the sanity in
me and border reality with the frills of fantasy...the dream seemed so darn
real that for the first few dazed moments I kept wondering where I was... it
seemed like I was watching the movie fourth kind right before me...like
some extra dimensional being was sending hallucinating thoughts into me to
beam me images of impending gloom...of glimpses of people killing for
honour glory and a profession... and scenes replete with bayonets ripping
through human torsos and bones... with men silhouetted against the
backdrop of intense evil, holding onto their assault rifles and in a silent calm
loosing grip of humanity in its glint.

what bothered me most was as to how far even I could go to avenge and
seek retribution... how it was in our nature to dominate and eliminate
competition....how it was a thin line holding our norms on decency and
righteousness from falling into the fire of total anarchy...how acute shortages
in food water and electricity could send concrete jungle dwellers slitting
each others throats... how we are civilized only because of our circumstances...

I had seen all this and much bloody more... evil reigns as the flames of darkness engulfs every aspect of our sane lives... I see no boundaries in nationalistic ambitions in a nuclear umbrella... no ideologies ... no control on the the angst let loose to define the end...

Its 0342 hrs...I switch on my computer to watch a movie to take my thoughts somewhere better... DEFIANCE... was that the only movie I could seen or was fate playing poker with my face flashing in the joker card.

A tale from the Jewish holocaust which was so bloody close to what I had seen that once it started I just couldn't turn off the LCD.... the brothers fought in vengeance, in brutality and each with a different moto.... the bloodied wintry snow froze goodness and fed on banal instincts as mam hates man in a dog eat dog world of the second great war.... but amidst the doomsday shades of grey i saw sparkles of hope in the love and humanity harboured by the very few in the Naliboki forest as the German terror squads and SS tried to mercilessly flush them out and kill them all- women children and the old....I watched on as more and more of acts of goodness sprouted in the group amidst all the splintered reality.

It almost dawn and the chirping of jungle fowl and tiny winged creatures seems endless... Ive just sighed the longest sigh....I guess it was a sense of relief... a dawn to a dark and chilly night.... a hope in the permanence of god and everything good about humanity...a dream of a future which no matter how dark will still glow with goodness and kindness in the most trying times... a belief in the sum of all things inexplicable ... a faith in the unknown omnipotent and omniscient fabric of creation...

....AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment